Friday, July 6, 2007

Its here, I like it!

Howdy!

Welcome to all you Eugene Emeralds' fans. My name is Allan Erickson, I'm doing the photography for the Ems this year, as well as for the San Diego Padres scouting team.

A big thanks first off to Bryan Beban of the Ems and Denis Savage of the Padres and MadFriars.com for putting their trust in my work as a photographer. Hopefully this year's pictures will be satisfactory to all entities.

This blog will be primarily for my pictures w/o a whole lot of blah blah blah by me. I know there are a few fans of the Ems who won't mind dropping in and making some comments on the team. As a fan I can say that the '07 edition of the Ems is ripe with talent and seem to be a fine bunch of young men.

I'm enjoying my interactions with them, the wonderful fans and the Ems' coaches and all staff: ushers, media folks, vendors, grounds crew...

And a big tip o' the hat to skipper Greg Riddoch, who is a joy to watch as he deals with his players and the Eugene fans.

I may do some commenting on the possibility of the Ems home, Civic Stadium, being shut down. A tragic loss that would be for the people, the city of Eugene and baseball itself.

Anyway, here's hoping the pictures will make for enjoyable viewing. And if anyone, player, players' families, fans, staff or whomever, wishes to purchase any of these images, please contact me.

So... today's post is just an intro... I have to go work the Willie Nelson show at Eugene's gorgeous Cuthbert Amphitheatre. Pics up by this weekend sometime!

(post edited to add:)

Woohoo! Here are a few from the 4th of July game and fireworks show. I do believe a good time was had by all.

I am not watermarking these images. A watermark is added to prevent people from just copying an image and making their own prints. What I have done here and will continue to do is post them in a small format, from a small file size so that they can be copied but an enlargement would be of an inferior quality.

I would love to sell these pictures, its how I intend to feed my family and I hope everyone can respect that. If you do want to purchase an image, contact me!

allan_e@efn.org

And please post any comments you may have, or email me with comments, suggestions, kudos or criticisms. Thanks and enjoy!





No comments: