Monday, July 30, 2007

Of Ducks and Ems...

A game of great charm in the adoption of mathematical measurements to the timing of human movements, the exactitudes and adjustments of physical ability to hazardous chance. The speed of the legs, the dexterity of the body, the grace of the swing, the elusiveness of the slide - these are the features that make Americans everywhere forget the last syllable of a man's last name or the pigmentation of his skin.

~Branch Rickey

Just a few pics for today. The U of O Duck showed up to throw out the first pitch in Sunday's game against the Salem-Keizer Volcanoes and I've posted the promised pic of Jonathon Stewart riding a tricycle. Brian Lauderdale's mom showed up in the press box and I was honored to meet her... nice to see the family side of the game, Lori is proud of her son and glad he has Greg Riddoch as his manager. Mitch Canham is out w/ an injury so this is a non-playing shot of him at the dugout between innings; Greg Riddoch coaches 3rd and gets lonely... And of course, more kids...


The Duck does baseball; Jonathon Stewart in the tricycle race


Lori Lauderdale


Isabel snacks and baby Kolbi hangs out on Dad's arm


Mitch Canham........ Riddoch waits for company at 3rd

1 comment:

SuperMichelle said...

Hello there!
Just thought I'd leave a quick comment to say how much I appreciate your blog. I found it randomly one day while surfing the internet and have been very glad that I did! I've only been to one Em's game and it was a blast. I'd love to go again, if I can find the time!
Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I love reading your reports and seeing your pictures. I'm a big OSU baseball fan so I'm always up for some news about our boy Mitch Canham.
Thanks for the posts, and go Ems!